1. One who, or that which, gives food or supplies nourishment; steward. A couple of friends, his chaplain and feeder. (Goldsmith)
2. One who furnishes incentives; an encourager. The feeder of my riots.
3. One who eats or feeds; specifically, an animal to be fed or fattened. With eager feeding, food doth choke the feeder. (Shak)
4. One who fattens cattle for slaughter.
5. (Science: physics) a stream that flows into another body of water; a tributary; specifically, a water course which supplies a canal or reservoir by gravitation or natural flow.
6. A branch railroad, stage line, or the like; a side line which increases the business of the main line.
7. (Science: chemical) a small lateral lode falling into the main lode or mineral vein. A strong discharge of gas from a fissure; a blower.
8. (Science: machinery) An auxiliary part of a machine which supplies or leads along the material operated upon.
9. (Science: engineering) a device for supplying steam boilers with water as needed.