1. A cylindrical lens.
2. A cylindrical or rodlike renal cast.
3. A cylindrical metal container for gases stored... Read More
1. The slender, smooth stem of an arrow; hence, an arrow. His sleep, his meat, his drink, is him bereft, That lean he... Read More
(Science: machinery) A sliding piece which either is moved by, or moves against, fluid pressure. It usually consists... Read More
(taxonomy) A phylum comprised of roundworms characterized mainly by their smooth, cylindrical, thread-like... Read More
(Science: apparatus) a piece of chemistry laboratory equipment, a container often made of glass, which has... Read More
1. One of a number of narrow strips of wood, or narrow iron plates, placed edge to edge to form the sides, covering,... Read More
An organelle refers to any of the various cellular structures that perform a distinctive function inside a cell. The cell is... Read More
(Science: zoology) Pertaining to the anthozoa.
One of the anthozoa.
noun, plural: anthozoans
Any of the... Read More
noun, plural: hinge joints
A synovial joint in which the transversely cylindrical convexity on one bone fits into... Read More
What is the myocardium of the heart? It is the muscular middle layer of the heart that is... Read More
1. An article of food consisting of meat (especially. Pork) minced and highly seasoned, and inclosed in a... Read More
1. Good in condition or circumstances; desirable, either in a natural or moral sense; fortunate; convenient;... Read More
1. A pet name for a cat; also, an endearing name for a girl.
2. A catkin of the pussy willow.
3. The game of tipcat;... Read More
1. A hollow vessel, usually of glass or earthenware (but formerly of leather), with a narrow neck or mouth, for... Read More
A genus comprised of species of parasitic nematodes characterized by resembling earthworms and having... Read More
What is the sarcolemma? It is the thin, transparent, extensible plasma membrane of the muscle cell.... Read More
noun, plural: sperm cells
A mature male gamete or reproductive cell; spermatozoon.
A single sperm cell... Read More
A muscle act typically either under the control of the will or without conscious control. Muscles that can be controlled at... Read More
noun, plural: velvet worms
Any of the invertebrates belonging to the phylum Onychophora, and characterized by... Read More
Parenchyma cells in the xylem tissue and are involved mainly in the storage of carbohydrates, oils, and... Read More
(Science: radiobiology) Pinch device in which the externally-driven pinching current goes in the z direction... Read More
(Science: surgery) A roll of lint or linen, or a conical or cylindrical piece of sponge or other absorbent, used... Read More
noun, plural: tubules
A small tube-like or fistular structure; a hollow cylindrical anatomical structure in the... Read More
1. a hollow metallic vessel, usually shaped somewhat like a cup with a flaring mouth, containing a clapper or tongue,... Read More
1. A straight and slender stick; a wand; hence, any slender bar, as of wood or metal (applied to various purposes).... Read More
Xylem is defined as a plant tissue that transfers water and nutrients from roots to all over the plant... Read More
1. To make a hole or perforation with, or as with, a boring instrument; to cut a circular hole by the rotary motion of... Read More
1. To be joined in paris; to couple; to mate, as for breeding.
2. To suit; to fit, as a counterpart. My heart was made... Read More
1. To turn, as a screw; to apply a screw to; to press, fasten, or make firm, by means of a screw or screws; as, to... Read More
To fasten with, or as with, a pin; to join; as, to pin a garment; to pin boards together. Aa if she would pin her to her... Read More
1. A hard outside covering, as of a fruit or an animal. Specifically: The covering, or outside part, of a nut; as, a... Read More
Eubacteria are prokaryotic microorganisms consisting of a single cell lacking a nucleus and containing DNA is a single... Read More
An epithelium is a type of animal tissue made up of densely packed cells (called epithelial cells) that rest on a basement... Read More
sublimed sulfur melted and cast in cylindrical molds; sometimes called... Read More
1. A shade, screen, or guard, carried in the hand for sheltering the person from the rays of the sun, or from rain... Read More
noun, plural: spermatozoa
A mature male gamete or reproductive cell; sperm cell.
A single sperm cell... Read More
noun, plural: skeletal muscles
A voluntary, striated (vertebrate) muscle that is associated with the skeleton,... Read More
noun, plural: moles
(1) The SI unit of amount of substance of a chemical system that contains as many... Read More
1. Povided with, or inclosed in, sheath.
2. (Science: botany) Invested by a sheath, or cylindrical membranaceous... Read More
An invertebrate refers to any of the animals lacking a vertebral column. The term invertebrate came... Read More