Origin: as. Lilie, L. Lilium, gr. Cf. Flower-de-luce.
1. (Science: botany) a plant and flower of the genus Lilium,... Read More
(Science: botany) A blossom or plant of any species of the genus nymphaea, distinguished for its large floating... Read More
1. The collection or mass of filaments growing from the skin of an animal, and forming a covering for a part of the... Read More
1. The state of surpassing or going beyond limits; the being of a measure beyond sufficiency, necessity, or duty;... Read More
1. (Science: zoology) An amphibious animal of the genus rana and related genera, of many species. Frogs swim rapidly,... Read More
1. (Science: botany) a name of several kinds of water lilies; as Nelumbium speciosum, used in religious ceremonies,... Read More
1. A soft, or small, cushion; a mass of anything soft; stuffing.
2. A kind of cushion for writing upon, or for blotting;... Read More
Any plant whose roots, leaves, seeds, bark, or plant part is used for therapeutic, tonic, purgative, or... Read More
Upon seed germination, the embryo root, called the radicle, grows and develops into the first root. The radicle may thicken... Read More
Leaves are highly efficient solar energy converters. They capture light energy and through the process of photosynthesis.... Read More