noun, plural: mules
(zoology) A sterile hybrid offspring, especially of a male donkey and a female horse
(botany)... Read More
1. Any animal; especially, a wild animal. Mice and rats, and such small deer. (Shak) The camel, that great deer.... Read More
Reviewed by: Mary Anne Clark, PhD
Evolution (evo‧lu‧tion, ˈɛvəluːʃ(ə)n) is... Read More
The process of creating an exact copy of a biological unit (e.g. a DNA sequence, cell, or organism) from... Read More
1. Any figure in the shape of a cross formed by two intersecting lines.
Synonym: crux of heart.
3. a... Read More
1. A bundle made up and prepared to be carried; especially, a bundle to be carried on the back; a load for an animal; a... Read More
1. The male of deer, especially fallow deer and antelopes, or of goats, sheep, hares, and rabbits.
a male fallow deer... Read More
1. To remove the poll or head of; hence, to remove the top or end of; to clip; to lop; to shear; as, to poll the head;... Read More
noun, plural form: hybrids
(reproductive biology) The offspring resulting from the cross between parents of... Read More
noun, plural: hybridizations
(reproductive biology) The act or process of mating organisms of different... Read More
What is heterotroph? In biology and ecology, a heterotroph is an organism that does not have the... Read More
(genetics) It refers to the offspring of a successful primary cross, however the secondary cross would... Read More