Viruses are infectious entities with size ranges between 20 to 400 nanometers. The mammoth-sized virus would be about the... Read More
1. Having no clothes on; uncovered; nude; bare; as, a naked body; a naked limb; a naked sword.
2. Having no means of... Read More
Flora in Roman history refers to flowers. Flora was considered the god of spring for the Roman empire. In ecology, flora is... Read More
Unicellular organisms are organisms consisting of one cell only that performs all vital functions including metabolism,... Read More
THE is the most complicated and highly organized of the various systems which make up the human body. It is the... Read More
noun, plural: gymnosperms
A vascular plant in which the seeds are not enclosed by a ripened ovary... Read More
Often we hear the term 'anatomy' while learning about the body and how it works. What is anatomy? What... Read More
(Science: instrument) A piece of laboratory equipment that is used to magnify small things that are too small to... Read More
1. Without clothes or covering; stripped of the usual covering; naked; as, his body is bare; the trees are bare.
2.... Read More
There are two main subdivisions of seed plants—the ones without covered seeds, the gymnosperms, and the ones with covered... Read More
particles in siliciclastic sediment that range in size from 0.0625 millimetres (very fine-grained sand) to 2.0... Read More
1. A defensive covering for the head. See Casque, Headpiece, morion, Sallet, and Illust. Of beaver.
2. The... Read More
Most cells are not visible with the naked eye. However, with microscopes of various types, plant cells can be... Read More
1. The current of a stream.
2. (Science: ornithology) Any one of numerous species of small, long-winged, insectivorous... Read More
Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) Definition
A nucleic acid refers to any of the group of complex compounds made up of linear... Read More
noun, plural: scaly buds
(botany) A bud covered with scales which protect the embryonic parts it... Read More
What is a protist? All protists are eukaryotes, i.e. organisms with a nucleus. However, they are... Read More
1. To cut the snags or branches from, as the stem of a tree; to hew roughly.
2. To injure or destroy, as a steamboat or... Read More
Light in which electromagnetic vibrations oscillate repeatedly in only one direction perpendicular to the... Read More
What is a microbe? How do we define microbes? Microbes refer to microorganisms that cannot be seen by... Read More
Lines of zahn
Riblike markings seen by the naked eye on the surface of antemortem thrombi; they consist of a branching... Read More
noun, plural: seeds
(botany) An encapsulated plant embryo; a fertilized ovule of a plant
A seed is a... Read More
What is a sporophyte? Accordingly, the sporophyte is the plant generation that produces spores. To... Read More
noun, plural: macrophytes
A macroscopic plant, commonly used to descibe aquatic plant, that is large enough to be... Read More
1. A sort of leather, prepared from the skin of the buffalo, dressed with oil, like chamois; also, the skins of oxen,... Read More
1. A vessel adapted for various domestic purposes, and anciently for sacrificial used; especially, a vessel of antique... Read More
Xylem is defined as a plant tissue that transfers water and nutrients from roots to all over the plant... Read More
1. Extent of dimensions; size; applied to things that have length, breath, and thickness. Conceive those particles... Read More
(botany) A plant organ that is specialized for photosynthesis. Collectively, it constitutes foliage.... Read More
(Science: pathology) Items large enough to be observed by the naked... Read More
Definition of Vascular plants
The term 'vascular' is derived from the Latin word vāsculum, vās, meaning "a container and... Read More
Bears are mammals belonging to the family Ursidae. They typically have massive bodies, coarse heavy fur,... Read More
1. The existing system of things; the world of matter, or of matter and mind; the creation; the universe. But looks... Read More
noun, plural: ova
(1) Female gamete; female sex cell; female reproductive cell.
(2) Egg cell.
In... Read More
(Science: ornithology) naked spaces between the feathered areas of birds. See Pteryliae.
Origin: NL. See... Read More
What is homogenous? What does homogenous mean? The word homogenous has been derived from two Greek words that are... Read More
1. To deprive; to bereave; to make destitute; to plunder; especially, to deprive of a covering; to skin; to peel; as,... Read More
Eubacteria are prokaryotic microorganisms consisting of a single cell lacking a nucleus and containing DNA is a single... Read More
noun, plural: buds
(general) An immature or undeveloped structure that develops into a bodily structure or a new... Read More
1. To cut, clip, or sever anything from with shears or a like instrument; as, to shear sheep; to shear cloth.
It is... Read More