1. (Science: anatomy) One of the curved bones attached to the vertebral column and supporting the lateral walls of the... Read More
1. A fillet or narrow woven fabric, commonly of silk, used for trimming some part of a woman's attire, for badges,... Read More
noun, plural: sclerotomes
(embryology) The somite that gives rise to the development of vertebrae and... Read More
1. An adult female person; a grown-up female person, as distinguished from a man or a child; sometimes, any female... Read More
triangular gap bounded by the scalenus anterior and scalenus medius muscles and the first rib to which the... Read More
a·den·o·sine, əˈdɛn əˌsin
A purine nucleoside that has adenine bound to a... Read More
tuberosity for serratus anterior muscle
(Science: anatomy) A rough oval area, about the middle of the outer surface and... Read More
noun, plural: cartilaginous joints
A joint covered with cartilage, such as hyaline or fibrocartilage to allow... Read More
A type of connective tissue that is firm and flexible and having an extracellular matrix comprised mainly of... Read More
regio lumbalis -->
The region of the back lateral to the vertebral region and between the rib cage and the... Read More
The region of the back lateral to the vertebral region and between the rib cage and the pelvis.
Synonym: regio... Read More
The angle between the manubrium and the body of the sternum at the manubriosternal junction. Marks the level... Read More
1. A very small twist of flax, wool, cotton, silk, or other fibrous substance, drawn out to considerable length; a... Read More
1. A floor timber in a ship.
2. One of the rounds of a ladder.
3. One of the stakes of a cart; a spar; a heavy... Read More
1. To turn, as a screw; to apply a screw to; to press, fasten, or make firm, by means of a screw or screws; as, to... Read More
noun, plural: bones
The rigid organ comprised of bone tissues, and forms the skeleton of most... Read More
1. That sort of wood which is proper for buildings or for tools, utensils, furniture, carriages, fences, ships, and... Read More
1. One who, or that which, rides.
2. Formerly, an agent who went out with samples of goods to obtain orders; a... Read More
Organization of the Respiratory System
Each lung is composed of air sacs called alveoli - the sites of gas exchange with... Read More