1. A seat for a rider, usually made of leather, padded to span comfortably a horse's back, furnished with stirrups... Read More
Turkish saddle -->
(Science: anatomy) A transverse depression crossing the midline on the superior surface... Read More
What is a diarthrodial joint?
A diarthrosis joint is a freely moving joint characterized by its mobility and joint cavity... Read More
A joint is a point where two bones are attached and are capable of movement. The joints not only provide the movements of... Read More
1. A kind of ring, or bent piece of metal, wood, leather, or the like, horizontal in one part for receiving the foot... Read More
The stirrup-shaped ossicle that transmits sound from the incus to the cochlea.stirrup
1. A kind of ring, or bent piece of... Read More
A synovial joint in which the opposing surfaces resemble the shape of a saddle and are reciprocally... Read More
1. To fret and wear away by friction; to hurt or break the skin of by rubbing; to chafe; to injure the surface of by... Read More
1. A hard, projecting, and usually pointed organ, growing upon the heads of certain animals, especially. Of the... Read More
1. A soft, or small, cushion; a mass of anything soft; stuffing.
2. A kind of cushion for writing upon, or for blotting;... Read More
1. To place on a seat; to cause to sit down; as, to seat one's self. The guests were no sooner seated but they entered... Read More
noun, plural: perinea
(anatomy) The region between the anus and the vulva; the region between the scrotum and the... Read More
One in which there are two principal axes of movement situated at right angles to each other; e.g., saddle... Read More
1. One who, or that which, rides.
2. Formerly, an agent who went out with samples of goods to obtain orders; a... Read More
noun, plural: scratch reflexes
(1) A spinal reflex characterized by a response to the activation of sensory... Read More
1. (Science: anatomy) A mark or depression in the middle of the abdomen; the umbilicus. See Umbilicus.
2. The central... Read More
An induced reversible loss of perception of pain and other sensations
Anaesthesia is an induced... Read More
What are alleles? An allele is a term coined to describe a specific copy of a gene. Genes, the DNA... Read More
1. A sunken compartment with raised margins, molded or otherwise, as in ceilings, wainscotings, etc.
2. A prisoner... Read More
1. A long pillow or cushion, used to support the head of a person lying on a bed; generally laid under the pillows.... Read More
The most common and movable type of joint which is characterized by the presence of a layer of... Read More
A saddle for women, in which the rider sits with both feet on one side of the animal mounted.
(Science: botany)... Read More
A movable joint comprised of a layer of fibrocartilage or hyaline cartilage that lines the opposing bony... Read More