1. (Science: zoology) Any one of numerous species of terrestrial air-breathing gastropods belonging to the genus helix... Read More
Parasite Rex : Inside the Bizarre World of Nature's Most Dangerous Creatures
... Read More
What is a heterotroph? Does a heterotroph make its own food? In biology and ecology, a heterotroph... Read More
A liver fluke belonging to the family Fasciolidae of the class Trematoda, and is endemic in the U.S.,... Read More
The organisms that carry out the process of decay or break down of the dead organism are known as... Read More
noun, plural: Old World monkeys
Any of the primates that belong to the family Cercopithecidae of the suborder... Read More
A form of locomotion of animals that live in and move through trees
Locomotion pertains to the... Read More
noun, plural: macroorganisms
Any macroscopic organism.
Macroorganisms are large enough to be seen by... Read More
noun, singular: lamella
Thin structures resembling a plate.
Intergrana thylakoids, i.e.... Read More
(Science: chemical) Consists of beta-glucuronidase and sulfatase; from snails
Available from PerkinElmer part... Read More
1. A drone; a slow, lazy fellow; a sluggard.
2. A hindrance; an obstruction.
3. (Science: zoology) Any one of numerous... Read More
The free-swimming trematode larva that emerges from its host snail; it may penetrate the skin of a final host (as... Read More
Examples of Macrophytes. (Source: Canada's AquaticEnvironments)
... Read More
(1) An organism (plant or animal) having both male and female reproductive organs.
(2) An organism having... Read More
1. (Science: zoology) An animal that crawls, or moves on its belly, as snakes, or by means of small, short legs, as... Read More
Of, pertaining to, or corresponding to land (on earth), as opposed to water and air
The term... Read More
fit to be eaten as food; eatable; esculent; as, edible fishes.
Anything edible. Edible birds nest. See birds nest.
2.... Read More
A viscous, slippery secretion of a gland that protects and lubricates surfaces
Mucus refers to... Read More
1. A creeping or a crawling animal of any kind or size, as a serpent, caterpillar, snail, or the like. There came a... Read More
1. (Science: botany) Any plant or flower of the genus viola, of many species. The violets are generally low,... Read More
The tuatara species of the genus Sphenodon that inhabits one small island of New Zealand, i.e. Brothers... Read More