1. A character or part, as in a play; a specific kind or manifestation of individual character, whether in real life,... Read More
1. The act of appearing or coming into sight; the act of becoming visible to the eye; as, his sudden appearance... Read More
A scientist of entomology; a person scientifically studying insects
Entomology is a branch of... Read More
Evolution of Human Intelligence
Humans, as evolved as we are, are the species most capable of exhibiting intelligence and... Read More
There are five stages (or phases) of a disease. (Hattis, 2020). These stages are (1) Incubation period, (2) Prodromal... Read More
1. To cast or drive out; to banish; to expel; to reject. That he might . . . Abandon them from him. (Udall) Being... Read More
Origin: as. Mann, man, monn, mon; akin to os, D, & OHG. Man, g. Mann, Icel. Mathr, for mannr, dan. Mand, Sw. Man,... Read More
noun, plural: individuals
(1) Any distinct person, object, or concept within a collection.
(2) A single, separate... Read More
1. A person who is held in bondage to another; one who is wholly subject to the will of another; one who is held as a... Read More
1. Transgression of the law of god; disobedience of the divine command; any violation of God's will, either in purpose... Read More
In Immunology, inoculation is defined as the process of introducing an antigenic substance or... Read More
1. One who holds lands by a base, or servile, tenure, or in villenage; a feudal tenant of the lowest class, a... Read More
1. The individual as the object of his own reflective consciousness; the man viewed by his own cognition as the subject... Read More
1. The form of anything; shape; outline; appearance. Flowers have all exquisite figures. (Bacon)
2. The... Read More
1. The act of setting, or the state of being settled. Specifically:
Establishment in life, in business,... Read More
1. An adult female person; a grown-up female person, as distinguished from a man or a child; sometimes, any female... Read More
When one single gene starts affecting multiple traits of living organisms, this phenomenon is known... Read More
Psychodiagnostic Chirology (PDC) is a comprehensive diagnostic discipline applied by professional behavioral specialists in... Read More
Dead Man Walking: Wade Davis and the Secret of the Zombie Poison
By Patrick D. Hahn
Accepted on September 4, 2007
Twenty... Read More
Origin: L. Adulterium. See Advoutry.
1. The unfaithfulness of a married person to the marriage bed; sexual... Read More
Not normal, contrary to the usual structure, position, behaviour or rule.
What is normal and what is... Read More
The total sum of the number of years that each member of a study population has been under observation; e.g.,... Read More
1. One only, as distinguished from more than one; consisting of one alone; individual; separate; as, a single star.... Read More
1. One who takes or receives in any manner.
2. A person appointed, ordinarily by a court, to receive, and hold in... Read More
What is a balanced diet?
What is the definition of a balanced diet? A nutritionally balanced diet fulfills all nutritional... Read More
Complete Dominance Definition
Genetics is the study of how traits are inherited by organisms and in what ways these... Read More
The occurrence of two or more different forms or morphs in the population of a species is referred... Read More
1. To cleave or separate with a wedge or wedges, or as with a wedge; to rive. My heart, as wedged with a sigh, would... Read More
noun, plural: agglutinogens
Any substance that acts as an antigen to stimulate production of specific... Read More
1. One who, or that which, drives; the person or thing that urges or compels anything else to move onward.
2. The... Read More
1. Shade within defined limits; obscurity or deprivation of light, apparent on a surface, and representing the form... Read More
Polygenic trait definition
Polygenic trait refers to a trait that is controlled by multiple non-allelic genes. These genes... Read More
(Science: biology) An individual organism that supplies living tissue to be used in another body, as a person who... Read More
1. A person who lives in solitude; a recluse; a hermit.
2. A single diamond in a setting; also, sometimes, a... Read More
1. An application for the removal of a cause or suit from an inferior to a superior judge or court for reexamination... Read More
1. A long piece of wood; a stick; the long handle of an instrument or weapon; a pole or srick, used for many purposes;... Read More
A thought or communication pattern disorder characterized by loose or odd connections between ideas. A... Read More
1. That which forms the basis of anything; underlying principle; a concept or mental entity conceived or treated... Read More
1. That which warrants or authorises; a commission giving authority, or justifying the doing of anything; an act,... Read More