noun, plural: sprouts
(1) A newly grown plant.
(2) A new branch, bud or shoot of a plant.
(3) Brussels sprout,... Read More
(1) The process whereby seeds germinate or begin to grow.
(2) The practice of soaking, draining,... Read More
noun, singular: bean sprout
Beans, especially the edible kinds (e.g. mung beans and soybeans), sprouting or... Read More
(Science: botany) A living shoot which grows from the root of a plant whose above-ground portion has been cut... Read More
noun, plural: germinations
The stage in which a germ or a living thing starts to sprout, grow and... Read More
1. (Science: botany) a genus of perennial plants belonging to the natural order liliaceae, and having erect much... Read More
(botany) Any of the eukaryotic organisms of the biological kingdom Plantae, characterized by being... Read More
noun, plural: myoblasts
The embryonic progenitor cell of the muscle cell
Myoblasts are the embryonic... Read More
noun, plural: megakaryoblasts
A precursor cell that develops into a promegakaryocyte during... Read More
noun, plural: crops
(1) (botany) A plant grown to be harvested for agricultural use.
(2) (botany) The total... Read More
The tender branches or twigs of trees and shrubs, fit for the food of cattle and other animals; green food. Sheep,... Read More
(embryology) The inner (lower) layer of the embryonic disc, located beneath the epiblast
In... Read More
Asexual Reproduction Definition
What is asexual reproduction? Asexual reproduction is a mode of reproduction that does not... Read More
noun, plural: myeloblasts
A precursor cell that gives rise to a promyelocyte during... Read More
The formation of blastula following the morula stage during the embryonic development of an... Read More
(Science: zoology) in certain hydroids, an imperfect zooid, whose special function is to produce medusoid buds.... Read More
noun, plural: seedlings
(botany) A young sporophyte that grows from a seed; a (recent) sprout
A... Read More
(embryology) The outer (upper) ectodermal layer of the embryonic disc, closer to the amniotic cavity, and... Read More
1. (Science: biology) That which is to develop a new individual; as, the germ of a foetus, of a plant or flower, and... Read More
(1) Mung bean: the seed of Vigna radiata.
(2) A plant of the genus Vigna in the Fabaceae family, native to... Read More
noun, plural: grafts
(botany) A shoot, bud, or scion of one plant that is inserted to another plant that would... Read More
1. To throw out forcibly and abudantly, as liquids through an office or a pipe; to eject in a jet; as, an elephant... Read More
1. (Science: biology, zoology) An animal that gives birth to live offspring, as opposed to laying eggs.
2.... Read More
1. To heat to the boiling point, or so as to cause ebullition; as, to boil water.
2. To form, or separate, by boiling... Read More
Origin: L. Spirare to breathe. See Spirit.
1. A slender stalk or blade in vegetation; as, a spire grass or... Read More
1. (Science: botany) A shoot or sprout of a plant; a sucker. A piece of a slender branch or twig cut for grafting.
2.... Read More
noun, plural: eyes
(1) The organ of sight or vision; the visual sense; the sense of seeing.
(2) A mark... Read More
[mlw_quizmaster... Read More