Arbor is a Latin word meaning "tree". Thus, arboreal means "related to or pertaining to trees". The... Read More
as a measure of length, the plural of foot. See... Read More
1. A single movement from one foot to the other in walking; a step.
2. The length of a step in walking or marching,... Read More
1. A measure; a standard of measure; an instrument to determine dimensions, distance, or capacity; a standard. This... Read More
1. (Science: marine biology, zoology) Of or pertaining to the foot, or to feet, literally or figuratively;... Read More
Where a plant grows and what resources are available to it is of vital importance to the life of a plant. The soil type and... Read More
What are birds classified as? Birds constitute the class Aves of the kingdom Animalia. How to define Aves?... Read More
What is the epidermis? We can define the epidermis as one or more layers of cells forming the tough... Read More
1. (Science: anatomy) The terminal part of the leg of man or an animal; especially, the part below the ankle or wrist;... Read More
Incorrect taxonomic classifications deemed organisms to be either animals or plants, in the Plantae or Animalia kingdoms... Read More
noun, plural: velvet worms
Any of the invertebrates belonging to the phylum Onychophora, and characterized by... Read More
1. A superior force of voice or of articulative effort upon some particular syllable of a word or a phrase,... Read More
Homeostatic control, a set environment, and how evolution and natural selection drives a species to adapt to its environment... Read More
There are over two million species of arthropods, who initially arrived on Earth in the middle of the Cambrian period.... Read More
(Science: zoology) The male of bovine quadrupeds, especially the domestic animal when castrated and grown to its full... Read More
1. To make a measurement or measurements.
2. To result, or turn out, on measuring; as, the grain measures well; the... Read More
a harsh scraping or cutting; a grating. The grade of hatchets fiercely thrown. On wigwam log, and tree, and stone.... Read More
Definition of Alimentary canal
What is the alimentary canal? The alimentary canal is a muscular hollow continuous tubular... Read More
Everyone has heard about the dinosaurs. No doubt one of the reasons why is because of their size, another being the fact... Read More
The Batutut or Ujit is a proposed hominid Cryptid thought to inhabit the Vu Quang nature reserve and other wilderness areas... Read More
Intracellular Digestion Definition
What is intracellular digestion? ‘Intra’ means "inside" and ‘cellular’ pertains... Read More
Origin: L, a small measure. See Module.
(Science: mathematics) A quantity or coefficient, or constant, which... Read More
The hominid specimen believed to be a male child that lived in the Pleistocene. The remains were discovered... Read More
What are homo sapiens? Homo sapiens is the species of all the highly developed primates on earth, a category... Read More
The most biologically productive habitat found in the cold rich nutrient marine ecosystem.
The... Read More
1. A large pile of hay, grain, straw, or the like, usually of a nearly conical form, but sometimes rectangular or... Read More
(Science: endocrinology) a condition that results from the excess production of growth hormone in the anterior... Read More
What is the Skeletal System?
How to define a skeleton? The skeletal system is the main framework that gives your body its... Read More
Complete Dominance Definition
Genetics is the study of how traits are inherited by organisms and in what ways these... Read More
Mutualistic Symbiosis Definition
In order to understand what a mutualistic symbiotic relationship means, we will break down... Read More
1. To pass by a spring or leap; to overleap; as, to jump a stream.
2. To cause to jump; as, he jumped his horse across... Read More
An oily substance produced and secreted by sebaceous gland
Sebum is the substance produced and... Read More
Species in class Aves that considered as one of the noisiest species of birds those are highly extroverted... Read More
Intestinum crassum -->
(Science: anatomy) also called the colon, this structure has 6 major divisions:... Read More
noun, plural: llamas
A camelid or ruminant native to South America and closely related to the camels, formerly... Read More
A genus belonging to the family of Ancylostomatidae which is a family of nematodes that includes the... Read More
noun, plural: alpaca or alpacas
(1) A camelid with long, fine, wooly hair, and closely related to llama,... Read More
What are the Fungi?
The Fungi are the great saprophytes, the master recyclers. They are the black rot, the... Read More
A condition characterized by a deficiency of amniotic fluid
The amniotic fluid is the fluid that... Read More
External Form of a Woody Twig
A woody twig, or stem, is an axis with leaves attached. The leaves are arranged in various... Read More