Human neurology studies the nervous system of humans.
Human Neurology deals essentially with the nervous system of humans. It also features the various theories put forward by prominent neurologists, such as Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung, and their analogies of the human brain and its inner workings.
- To impart information on the nervous system, particularly its cellular and physiological features
- To be able to elaborate on how the nervous system works
- To describes the different types and causes of brain damage, and how genetics, physical injury, lack of blood, and tumors can potentially damage the human brain
- To gain an overview of various brain activities of a conscious mind (e.g. learning, memory, etc.) and of the unconscious mind (e.g. sleep and dreams).
- To learn about perceptions, spatial awareness, and illusions so as to gain a better understanding on how the mind works
- The nervous system (comprised of the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system) is a biological information highway. It controls all the biological processes and movement in the body in response to the information picked up from the environment. It interprets them into electrical signals that are relayed to target cells and organs to elicit a response.
- The brain is comprised of three fundamental regions, namely forebrain, cerebellum, and brainstem.
- Efferent neurons carry signals from the central nervous system to the peripheral nervous system. They are divided into the somatic nervous system (responsible for the voluntary movement of the body) and the autonomic nervous system (responsible for the involuntary body movement).
- Human intelligence provided the means to use abstract ideas. This ability helped impart an act based on logical thought.
- While learning and intelligence are associated with the functions of a conscious mind, sleep and dreams are activities of the unconscious mind.
- Different interpretations and illusions may arise from different perceptions. Human retina is read by the brain every 0.1 seconds, which means that perception is not a thing of the present but of a past, about a fraction of a second ago.
The nervous system is essentially a biological information highway. This tutorial gives an overview of the nervous system, most especially its cellular features. Recognize the cellular composition of this biological system through this tutorial…
This tutorial elaborates on how the nervous system works, particularly at the tissue level of the brain. There are three brain division elaborated in this tutorial. Discover what these are, their components and functions…
Myelin sheath is essential for a faster conductivity of signals. Know more about this feature of some neurons in the Central Nervous System here. ..
This tutorial describes the different types and causes of brain damage. Find out how genetics, physical injury, lack of blood, and tumors damage the human brain…
Human intelligence provided the means to utilize abstract ideas and implement reasoning. This tutorial takes a further look at the brain and the capabilities of it to be used to human advantage in daily life…
While learning and intelligence are associated with the functions of a conscious mind, sleep and dreams are activities of the unconscious mind. For more details, read this tutorial on sleep and dreams…
In this tutorial, the works of Carl Gustav Jung and Sigmund Freud are described. Both of them actively pursued the way humans dream. Get acquainted with these two prominent neurologists and their works through this tutorial…
Different mental disorders are described here. Read this tutorial to get an overview of schizophrenia, affective mood disorder, obsessive and compulsive disorder, phobias, and other mental disorders…
This tutorial investigates perception as two people can interpret the same thing differently. Know more about human perception in action, spatial awareness, and illusions. A better grasp of these aspects is useful in understanding how the mind works…
Illusions are the perceptions and sensory data obtained from situations in which human error prevents us from seeing the real deal. Learn more information on illusions and mind trickery in this tutorial…